Monday, February 2, 2009

A Father's Heart...

This past summer at Camp LIFE, I had the great privilege of getting to know 13 amazing Zambian girls...all who desperately need your help to provide for their basic daily needs. I love these girls so much and pray that God will faithfully sustain them each and every day. Please take the time to read below about Family Legacy's Father's Heart program and how you can sponsor one of my girls for just $36 per month.



AIDS, Orphans and Africa

Three words that seem permanently linked. Hardest hit by the AIDS pandemic have been sub-Saharan nations like Zambia. With a population of 11 million, 25% are known to be HIV positive and 1 million children are orphans, giving Zambia the highest per capita orphan rate in the world. The HIV/AIDS pandemic has wreaked havoc upon this country which has the seventh worst human poverty index in the entire world. Unfortunately, it is the children who have borne the greatest brunt of the suffering, sadness, and pain of this country. The Orphans of Zambia are needlessly sick, drastically underfed, and generally neglected at every juncture of society. None of these children chose their state in life, but now each one must somehow try to exist in it.

Child Sponsorship and Development Program

The Father’s Heart Child Sponsorship and Development Program exists to demonstrate the practical love of Jesus Christ to the orphan and vulnerable children of Zambia by providing daily discipleship and counseling services, regular health assessment and intervention programs, basic clothing needs, educational assistance and tutoring services, micro-economic development programs for their caretakers, and advanced leadership development programs. Most of all, these children learn about Jesus Christ and the biblical principles to help them grow and mature.

You can read more details about the Father's Heart program here on Family Legacy's website. This "FAQ" section tackles such questions as "How much of my $36 monthly support will actually benefit the child I sponsor?" and "What specific benefits will the child I sponsor receive?"

If you're interested in sponsoring one of my girls, please go here to view their individual profiles. Seven of my girls are already sponsored, so I just need to get five more of them sponsored to have a 100% sponsor rate! Will you help? I pray that you will consider it. It's truly a blessing to know that your $36 a month is dramatically helping the well-being of one of God's children. It was a hard decision for me to decide which one of my girls I wanted to sponsor (believe me, I would sponsor them all if I could...but then I would be taking away your opportunity to do so!)...but I have chosen to sponsor, Karen Namursorwe...


Karen is 14 years old and in the 6th grade. You can read more about her here by clicking on her profile picture.

Each day this week I will highlight one of my girls who still needs to be sponsored. I hope you will check back and prayerfully consider child sponsorship through the Father's Heart program. I'm well aware that times are tough right now...but we serve a big God who is faithful to provide when we are following after his will.

Thank you so much for reading this long post. I'm done for now. :)

Well, actually I'm not done yet...on a completely different side note....today is Peanut Butter & Pop Tart's 1 year anniversary!! I can't believe that exactly one year ago today I wrote my inaugural post. And my husband thought I wouldn't stick with it....

Happy Birthday PB&PT!!!!


No comments: